Construction continues with school back in session
With school back in session, construction crews are refocusing their efforts this fall on the building additions and a few interior renovations. The additions include a new space for the music department and an updated Performing Arts Center (PAC). The new PAC will feature a roof extension to allow for a new rigging system in this space.
The revamped commons and cafeteria areas and the new staff office spaces are now complete. After a busy summer of heavy construction, staff and students can now enjoy many new spaces and amenities.
Updates on current and upcoming work
- Setting structural steel for the new music department addition
- Installing underground plumbing and overhead ductwork, piping, and conduit in the art wing
- Working on a large interior platform above the future PAC seating area, which enables crews to safely access the ceiling to complete work in this space
- The crane operator and ironworkers are placing structural steel on the music addition
- Continuing steel stud framing on the PAC’s roof extension
DID YOU KNOW? The new rigging system in the PAC will be used to move stage lighting, equipment, and curtains efficiently during performances, and will make scenery changes simple and easy.